Ryan Sessegnon reveals he has received ‘disgusting’ racist abuse online
Ryan Sessegnon reveals he received ‘disgusting’ racist abuse online
Tottenham and Hoffenheim showed their support for the player, who is on loan at the German club. Ryan Sessegnon has become the latest footballer to disclose he has received racist abuse online.
The 20-year-old full-back, on loan at German club Hoffenheim from Tottenham. And Late on Monday night shared a screengrab of an abusive message. Also, He sent on social media and said: “not even surprised any more”.
He wrote on an Instagram story: “Honestly unbelievable. And the craziest thing is I’m not even surprised any more. Disgusting.”
Spurs showed support to their player on Tuesday morning. And posting on Twitter: “Everyone at the club is with you @RyanSessegnon.
And “We are proud of the rich ethnic diversity that exists across our communities, fans, staff and players.
Also “We are driven by inclusion and equality for all. But nobody should have to endure such repulsive abuse.”
Also, Hoffenheim condemned the “horrific” abuse.
And “Today, our player @RyanSessegnon was the target of horrific online racist abuse.
Also “#TSG stands for tolerance, integration and respect. And We reject all forms of racism, discrimination and exclusion and say #NoToRacism!”
And Crystal Palace’s Wilfried Zaha and Manchester City’s Raheem Sterling are among other players to reveal they also targeted.
Ivory Coast international Zaha sent racist messages. And the imagery in July. Also, a 12-year-old boy arrested in connection with the incident.
And England forward Sterling last month questioned. Whether there will among social media companies to combat online abuse. Because a study towards footballers highlighted the shocking extent of the problem.
More than 3,000 explicitly abusive messages sent publicly via Twitter. Over the six-week Project Restart period to 44 high-profile players currently. Or formerly involved in English football, research showed.
Forty-three per cent of the Premier League players in the study (13 out of 30) experienced targeted and explicitly racist abuse. And while three players who called out racism during the period. Sterling, Zaha and Wycombe’s Adebayo Akinfenwa – received 50 per cent of all the abuse.
After that, You can read more articles and the latest news on SportsTalk. Similar to this.
Read, In conclusion, articles, like Sergio Aguero might be off for a month says Pep Guardiola at City